The University of Lausanne in Switzerland offers the UNIL Master’s Grants for International Students in Switzerland who aspire to pursue a Master’s degree at the university. This competitive scholarship aims to support outstanding students in their academic journey.
Host Institution: University of Lausanne
University of Lausanne, Switzerland
Eligible Fields of Study:
All Master’s programs offered by UNIL, except for the following:
- Master’s programs from the School of Medicine
- Master’s program in Sciences and Practices of Education
- Master of Law (Note: Some exceptions apply, including “International and Comparative Law,” “Legal Theory,” and “International Tax Law and Policy”)
- Master of Science in Health Sciences
- Master of Science in Sustainable Management & Technology
- All MASs (3rd cycle programs and Further Education programs)
Target Group: International students
Check Out Also: Reach Oxford Scholarships at Oxford University for Students
Number of Scholarships at the University of Lausanne
Approximately 10 scholarships are available.
Scholarship Value and Duration:
The scholarship is awarded for the minimum duration of the chosen master’s program. It provides CHF 1,600 per month, spanning from September 15 to July 15 (10 months per year) throughout the entire master’s program duration, which is either one and a half or two years, depending on the chosen program. Exceptional cases of definitive failure after the first year may lead to discontinuation of the scholarship. Scholarship recipients are exempt from fixed registration fees for courses, except for a CHF 80.00 fee per semester.
Eligibility Criteria at the University of Lausanne
Applicants must meet the following criteria to be eligible for the UNIL Master’s Grants:
- Hold a foreign university degree considered equivalent to a bachelor’s degree at UNIL before starting the master’s program.
- Demonstrated exceptional academic performance during previous studies.
- Possess a language proficiency level of at least C1 in either French (if the program is taught in French) or English (if the program is taught in English), as per the European Language Portfolio global scale.
- Not have been previously enrolled at UNIL.
- Paid the CHF 200.00 administration fee.
The application process for the UNIL Master’s Grants for International Students in Switzerland also serves as an application for admission to the desired Master’s program at UNIL. Hence, a separate application for the master’s degree at the Admission Office is unnecessary. Candidates must apply online and submit their complete application file in PDF format through the online application system, not via email.
The deadline for applications is November 1st (postmark) for enrollment in the subsequent academic year’s autumn or spring semester, depending on program availability.
For detailed information on how to apply and access the application form and list of attachments, please visit the